Saturday, March 3, 2012

Miracles

Miracles make your heart beat faster than seeing your first 10-point buck in bow hunting season! And most red blooded human beings long to see miracles in life and will remember each miracle they see.

Remember the "miracle on ice" when the USA hockey team upset the heavily-favored and hated Soviet Union hockey team in the 1980 Olympics in Lake Placid, New York. The USA team went on to win the gold medal that year.

Remember the classic Christmas season movie "Miracle on 34th Street."

Miracles can be defined as acts that can only be explained by the activity of God. The Bible is as full of miracles as a southern redneck at an all-you-can-eat catfish and hushpuppy buffet. For example, there is the creation story in Genesis that states, "God said; it was so; and it was good." There is the classic miracle of God parting the Red Sea through the obedience of Moses. There is Jesus feeding 5000 people with the equivalent of a Oscar Mayer Lunchable. There is Jesus ruining Satan's victory party by rising from the dead on what we celebrate as Easter.

Miracles have not only happened in the lives of the Bible people, but God has worked miracles in my personal life. The miracle of my new birth in Christ only because of God's grace, not by my works. The miracle of God providing hundreds of dollars for me to complete my college degree. The birth miracle of my three children.

In the coming days, I will join the incredible people of Gateway Church in asking God to reveal His miraculous works to our church, city, nation, and world. Personally, I am asking God to reveal the miraculous in my battle with cancer and I will share those works of God as I see them. Also, I encourage you to blog and share the miracles God will reveal to you between now and Easter.

Joey Butler
Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment